Room size: 63 sqm
Monthly rent: 653 € (including heating)
Ceiling height: 2,5 m
Ready to be occupied as of 15.02.2023
Rental period: 2 years with option of extension
Studio Program of the City of Frankfurt am Main
Professional work is not possible without adequate working space. The Kulturamt Frankfurt am Main has therefore been providing art and culture funding since 1990 through a studio program in which working spaces are subsidised and rented to local artists at comparatively low rents.
The City of Frankfurt’s studio programme offers subsidised studios at various locations. 30 subsidised working studios and two sponsored rehearsal spaces for theatre are located in AF.
Awarding of a city-sponsored studio in the AF
The awarding of the above-mentioned studio is aimed at professional visual artists who can prove that they live and work in Frankfurt
There is no age restriction, though artists who are still at the beginning of their career should receive a boost to build their artistic career through a subsidised studio.
Applications are open to professional visual artists who work on full-time basis. Prerequisite is an artistic education at an academy, university or university of applied sciences
* Artists who are still studying or who are not working full-time as artists are not eligible for funding
* A studio grant is conditional upon proof of an income of less than 28,000 euros gross per year
* Only artists whose place of residence, work and life is in Frankfurt am Main are eligible for funding
* All artists who meet the aforementioned criteria, but preferably visual artists at the beginning of their professional career, will be considered
Professionalism for the development and expansion of their artistic career
* Proof of continuous artistic practice over at least three years (within the last five years) is required
* The rented studios are exclusively working studios and not living spaces
* Eligibility is assessed by a jury
Content of the application documents (in digital form)
* Cover letter outlining the current workspace situation
* CV, type and duration of artistic training
* Portfolio with works from the last 5 years
* Exhibitions overview
* Proof of residence
* Proof of income
Please send your documents exclusively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (email size: less than 5 MB).
The studio is supported by Kulturamt Frankfurt am Main.